Inspired by "District 9"
Succumb to the alien sting with this infectiously delicious cocktail. Break through the alien skin to expose the foaming texture below. Look carefully; the green secretion lurking in the cocktail could speed up this deadly transformation.
Level of Difficulty: Moderate
- narrow-mouth double old fashion glass (or shot glass)
- 2 oz Coconut Rum
- 4 oz Pineapple Juice
- 1 tbsp. Midori
- 1 oz plain gelatin (four .5 oz packages)
- 1 cup of coconut rum (cold)
- 1 cup of pineapple juice (cold)
- 2 cups of water (boiling)
- Mix rum and pineapple juice with ice in a shaker, shake until cold and foamy.
- Pour into a tall narrow-mouthed glass until almost full, using the back edge of a spoon, gently pour the Midori into the glass so it sinks below the foamed pineapple juice creating a green lower layer.
- Seal with alien skin gelatin disc.
- Combine rum and pineapple juice and sprinkle gelatin over cold mixture and let set for a few minutes.
- Add boiling water and stir until fully dissolved (5 mins.)
- Pour into shallow flat bottom glass pans 1/4 in thick.
- Chill overnight.
- Place pan of set gelatin in hot water for a few seconds to loosen from the edges and invert onto a plate lined with wax paper.
- Cut into circles slightly larger than the mouth of the glass. Store in refrigerator on trays lined with wax paper until use.