This spicy home-infused vodka recipe not only creates the ideal vodka for a Bloody Mary or a spicy garden Vodka Martini - it also simultaneously creates boozy grape tomatoes to garnish your cocktails with. I love a double duty recipe! The Chili & Horseradish Vodka is used in my Blonde Mary Martini in the Bloody Mary Chapter in Cocktail Chameleon (pg. 14).
- 2 Thai chili or jalapeño peppers, stemmed, seeded and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. prepared horseradish
- 1/2 tsp. sugar (optional)
- 1 1/4 c. vodka
- 1 doz. grape tomatoes
- Combine peppers, horseradish and sugar in a sterilized 1-pint Mason jar and muddle until well combined.
- Add vodka, stirring well, then seal jar and set aside overnight or 1 – 2 days depending on desired heat.
- Strain through a fine metal sieve with cheesecloth, discarding the solids, and funnel it into a decorative bottle.
Watch the video on how to create your own all-natural home-infused spirits to make your cocktails taste the best they can!