It is easy to create your own lemon-lime syrup, fresh ingredients enhance your cocktails. Try our lemon-lime syrup, which is a recipe found in Cocktail Chameleon.
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Yield: 5 oz.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Peels of 1 lime and 1/2 lemon, without pith
Tools & Materials
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the lemon and lime into long strips.
- In a small saucepan, boil water and sugar over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and add the citrus peels, steeping until the syrup cools to room temperature.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve, without pressing on the peels.
- Funnel into a 5-oz bottle and refrigerate.
*Notice: The following recipe is an expert from Cocktail Chameleon (Assouline 2017) and may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means without prior consent from the Author or Publisher.