This variation on the popular Moscow Mule was dreamt up in the Green Mountains of Vermont and inspired by flavors from around the world. Mark Addison’s homemade Vermont maple syrup adds a faintly smoky swirl of sweetness to the spicy Northern Italian amaro and vibrant Polish rye vodka for a cocktail with a worldly twist on the classic.
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Yield: 6 oz., serves 1
- 1 1/2 oz. Chopin Rye Vodka
- 1/2 oz. Amaro Montenegro
- 1/2 oz. Vermont maple syrup
- 1/2 oz. fresh lime juice
- 3 oz. ginger beer
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 cinnamon stick
Tools & Materials
- Fill the shaker with ice and add the vodka, amaro, maple syrup and lime juice, shaking until well chilled.
- Pour into the glass and top with the ginger beer.
- Add remaining ingredients and shake until well chilled.
- Fill the glass with ice and strain the cocktail on top.
- Garnish with the lime wedge and cinnamon stick.