This variation on the popular Moscow Mule was dreamt up in Vermont, so it’s not familiar to “flatlanders”—those unlucky enough to live outside the state. Locally produced maple syrup adds a faintly smoky swirl of sweetness to this spicy cocktail. It’s the next best thing to being in Vermont.
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Yield: 6 oz., serves 1
- 2 oz. rye whiskey
- 1/2 oz. Vermont maple syrup
- 1/2 oz. fresh lime juice
- 3 oz. ginger beer
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 cinnamon stick
Tools & Materials
- Fill the shaker with ice and add the vodka, amaro, maple syrup and lime juice, shaking until well chilled.
- Pour into the glass and top with the ginger beer.
- Add remaining ingredients and shake until well chilled.
- Fill the glass with ice and strain the cocktail on top.
- Garnish with the lime wedge and cinnamon stick.